Do you have a lanyard for your cool car keys?

Support zu allgemeinen Themen
FizzenMuumuu

Do you have a lanyard for your cool car keys?

Beitragvon FizzenMuumuu » So 8. Sep 2019, 18:51

Today, my co-worker made fun of me because I keep my two car keys, house key, laptop lock, and gym padlock keys on my university (GMU)-branded lanyard. He says it's not cool once you get out of HS, but I really don't mind because nobody will immediately judge me as if I were wearing, say, a fanny pack. I mainly do it because I'm constantly misplacing my keys.

Damarion

Re: Do you have a lanyard for your cool car keys?

Beitragvon Damarion » So 8. Sep 2019, 18:52

The corrado and home/work keys are on 2 linked rings without any sort of decorative dangly thingy. The crossfire key looks very similar to a mkIV key and that gets it's own key chain, which is actually a rubber banded key holder thingy that someone got me for my old GTI. The "GTI" lettering has long since worn off and works well.

Matilda

Beitragvon Matilda » So 8. Sep 2019, 18:52

Damarion hat geschrieben:The corrado and home/work keys are on 2 linked rings without any sort of decorative dangly thingy. The crossfire key looks very similar to a mkIV key and that gets it's own key chain, which is actually a rubber banded key holder thingy that someone got me for my old GTI. The "GTI" lettering has long since worn off and works well.

I do. Not as a fashion statement or anything, just out of old habit. I have one ring with my house keys on it. That gets clipped to my lanyard. Then I can clip on the keys for whatever car I am driving that day. I can clip on other keys I might need, like those for my Thule rack. The whole thing stays wadded up in my pocket, though so I could probably switch to something else. I certainly wouldn't want to be judged as "uncool" by a bunch of people who spend a large amounts of time discussing trivial automotive facts and debating the merits of cars they've never owned.

FizzenMuumuu

Beitragvon FizzenMuumuu » So 8. Sep 2019, 18:52

you only have a lanyard in High school to have it hanging out of your pocket 24/7 so the bi*ches know you have a car... and the brand of your car on it if your car is "cool" so everyone knows what car is yours in the student parking lot.

Damarion

Beitragvon Damarion » So 8. Sep 2019, 18:53

FizzenMuumuu hat geschrieben:you only have a lanyard in High school to have it hanging out of your pocket 24/7 so the bi*ches know you have a car... and the brand of your car on it if your car is "cool" so everyone knows what car is yours in the student parking lot.

For the most part, automotive keys are created solely for functionality. Some, however, are pretty darned cool while others are borderline works of art. We could wax poetic about the symbolic meaning of the key; it’s the singular device that brings the car to life, and it's also a part of the car that always stays with the driver.

Matilda

Beitragvon Matilda » So 8. Sep 2019, 18:53

But this isn’t a website for philosophy. We talk about cool car stuff, and while most keys are boring, there are some that are awesome enough to simply collect. Some of these are old school aftermarket designs, others are straight from automakers and represent the latest in ultra high-tech, but we’d love to put them all on display in our living room.

referee

Beitragvon referee » Fr 13. Sep 2019, 05:38

At Remotes And Keys, our primary goal is to provide quick, quality and easy means for locksmiths, automotive professionals, and car owners to buy replacement key fobs, smart key remotes, flipkey remotes, fobik, PEPS, transponder car keys, aftermarket remotes, key cutting machines, key & fob programmers, emulators, key shells, transponder chips and various automotive locksmith supplies. Our staff are certified, experienced and thoroughly grounded so you can rest assured you’re working with key and remote experts. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and positive feedback of our customers. We know good business reputation is built through reliable and quality service, let’s show you how we earned ours. More Information replace keyless entry remote

Zurück zu „Support“