Installing Mobile Home Skirting

Hilfe/Fehlermeldungen zu PZBsim
referee

Installing Mobile Home Skirting

Beitragvon referee » Fr 14. Jun 2019, 18:44

Each brand, type, and style of skirting will have its own specific instructions on how to install it. Since, vinyl is the most popular, the video below will show you the process for installing vinyl mobile home skirting in general terms so you may get a feel for if you are willing to do it yourself. If not, you can always hire a contractor to do it for you.

stopwrinkles

Re: Installing Mobile Home Skirting

Beitragvon stopwrinkles » Fr 14. Jun 2019, 18:44

referee hat geschrieben:Each brand, type, and style of skirting will have its own specific instructions on how to install it. Since, vinyl is the most popular, the video below will show you the process for installing vinyl mobile home skirting in general terms so you may get a feel for if you are willing to do it yourself. If not, you can always hire a contractor to do it for you.

So many questions, sorry. I just don't have clue about MH or what to expect. Have been trying to read/search all the archives, but slow going. I would love to get a property all set up with septic/well/electicity (more expensive, but good to go) and if a MH as a dwelling till we could build, all the better, I guess? I know the ammendments are something we'd have to deal with head on in the future if we just bought raw land. So just trying to get the heads up on what to expect if we should go with land with MH already on it, which is so prevalant here, and almost seems like a better deal in the long run..?

leedingcaterer

Beitragvon leedingcaterer » Fr 14. Jun 2019, 18:45

And did you say you have 60 (?) birds or 60 cages..fuzzy memory.. but either way, alot to deal with! As a professional pet sitter (in comparison, had one client with only 12 birds, 6 cages!), have you thought of hiring or boarding until you make the move? Might have to spend a few $ but the safety and well-being of your babies might make it worth it. I forget all the details of your situation, but, just a thought:)

Bild

referee

Beitragvon referee » Fr 14. Jun 2019, 18:45

The other day I was reading a page about alternative housing and it lead to another page on mobile homes and hurricanes and tie downs. I wish I could remember where it was but hubby cleared my history.

stopwrinkles

Beitragvon stopwrinkles » Fr 14. Jun 2019, 18:45

referee hat geschrieben:The other day I was reading a page about alternative housing and it lead to another page on mobile homes and hurricanes and tie downs. I wish I could remember where it was but hubby cleared my history.

If I'm not mistaken the article stated that mobile homes can have anywhere from 19 to 24 or more tie down straps and to have them checked to make sure that they weren't rusted through at ground level.The anchors used on hurricane tie down straps are those spiral ibolt anchors that get twisted into the ground. They run about 3 to 5 ft long and that is what holds it down during high winds. They suggested that you have someone check them out once a year because they do rust eventually.

leedingcaterer

Beitragvon leedingcaterer » Fr 14. Jun 2019, 18:46

After it was all set up with the required strapping I went beyond what they said I needed and used the post hole diggers and dug down about six feet and concreted heavy-weight, galvanized chains into the ground and bolted them to the framework at each corner of my singlewide. They didn't ask and I didn't tell, I sleep better at night.

Zurück zu „Support“